Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rock Out, But Be Quick About It

Though my roommate Jon was dragged into work today, we managed to play a few No Doubt tracks in "Rock Band 2." I may complement them in the future with additional selections from "Tragic Kingdom," but that remains to be seen, since the greatest hits pack already contained much of what I desired. I enjoyed playing the drums on those tracks, especially with the modifications I recently made.

Specifically, I'd visited our local Lowes to complete the "Marshmallow Mod," which works beautifully with our foam-covered drums. The hush is excellent, and playing on Expert is a breeze, leading me to believe that the complaining parties didn't fasten their weather stripping tightly enough, or bought terribly thick stuff.

To prevent our downstairs neighbors from complaining, I place my chair and the drum kit on top of a two-inch thick sheet of bedding foam. Whenever I depress our Nyko Metal Pedal -- a very respectable and responsive alternative to the OEM pedal I'd stomped through -- there's a bit of bounce, but I can live with it. Eventually, I aim to purchase planks of plywood and sandwich the foam between them, thereby creating a ghetto drum platform.

Ah, to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment